Bayside Fuel Oil Depot Corporation
Wholesalers of #2, #4 and #6 Oils
Kerosene and Diesel
In 1937 Sergio Allegretti began a coal and ice company, which eventually evolved into Bayside Fuel Oil Corp. (“Retail”), a distributor of heating oil. In the years that followed, his two sons, Victor and Alfred joined him in the business. In 1965, the family incorporated Bayside Fuel Oil Depot Corporation (“Depot”) as a wholesale terminal operator and purchased its first oil terminal on the Gowanus Canal at Sackett Street.. Upon the passing of the elder Mr. Allegretti, Victor assumed responsibility for the retail operations while Alfred ran the wholesale operations. In 1984, Depot acquired its second terminal at Shore Parkway and moved its Corporate Headquarters there. In 1996, Depot acquired its Smith Steet and Grand Street terminals and in 1997 added the North 12th Street location.
During the 1970’s the third generation, Victor’s sons Sergio and Bartolo and Alfred’s son Vincent, joined the family business. The combined businesses experienced such tremendous growth that it was at one time ranked the 129th largest privately held business by Crain’s New York magazine. In 2001, the family decided to divest itself of the retail business and concentrate on the wholesale business. In 2005, the Company decided to close down the Sackett Street terminal after 40 years of service.
Today, Depot wholesales products from its own four terminals as well as from two other locations, the 149th Street terminal in the Bronx and the Western Nassau terminal in Nassau County.